Monday, March 30, 2009

New (Used) Car!

Please meet the H.M.S. Posthumous (it needs a little work):
Yes, sadly this is a downgrade from the H.M.S. Haggis, the best car ever made.


Trunk limit switch.

Radiator fan controller

Radio
Tape deck (pre scalpel)

Reverse engineered!

Trunk disassembled exposing trunk mechanism, hydraulic, pneumatic, and fiber optic (?!) system.

Achy, breaky, (leaky) rear view mirror.


Lost a rubber bumper thingy from the trunk while putting it back together. Shuffled off to the hardware store. Now my car is part toilet parts. :-(

Radio, post-hack. Huzzah! I think the dealer wanted $300 for the ipod kit.

Throttle by wire!

More photos to follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're Nara driver again!

Edwin said...

Haha. That's E.S. Posthumous, a close and fond relative, I'm sure. This car is so named because it is so old in years and miles that I might as well have dug it out of a grave. But now I am going to go an make sure Nara is on my playlist in the car, now that the radio has been thoroughly hacked to pieces.

LeAnn said...

YOU ARE SO RIDICULOUS. what kind of car is she/he?

Edwin said...

muhahaha...you'll see. I should be able to get to a decent full car shot soon. The bird that pooped all over my hood and windshield (seriously it must have been a flighted turkey on a steak diet or something) thinks otherwise.