Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life Flows

At mass today, the priest told a good metaphor:

Both the Dead Sea and the Sea of Galilee are fed by the River Jordan, yet the two are completely different in character. While the Dead See is barren, devoid of life, the Sea of Galilee is teeming with life -- with plants and fishes of all kinds. What is the difference? The Dead Sea has no outlet, and retains everything it receives, but the Sea of Galilee pours out its waters out on to the rivers and lands below. And life flows.


And so, the question is, which am I? Do my blessings, my money, my love, and my life flow through me and breed more of the same, or do they end -- stopped dead -- with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're asking the same questions that I ask. And I suspect that the answer is whatever visceral reaction that you get if I were to ask you to make that assessment of me.