Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Moving

Found this from my journal, random thoughts while I was moving to LA back in June:

packing is really difficult
each item has a story, and many must be left behind
the most precious things I carry with me in my heart, still it is hard
I should work to collect the things that cannot be taken away or left behind: memories, skills, experiences, etc.
each of these things, at some time meant the world to me, and invention, my first computer, a project, poetry, pictures, etc, but now they are tossed away as trash
how do i feel about this

hoarding comes from a fear of the future
the belief that each moment will be the best it will ever be
a doubt that the future can only get better
this, an idea of an investment in the past.
keeps us going back, history repeating
because we feel invested, we do not leave the past, even if it is the wrong path
have faith that the future holds great things!
let each moment be the best, better than the last, and not as good as the next, but still each precious

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.